Experience untamed Botswana wilderness by paddling approximately 45km along the Selinda Spillway by canoe. This 5-day safari allows you get close to wildlife on the water and take part in safari walks, while enjoying fully serviced camping under the stars in comfortable dome tents along the river bank with a maximum of only 8 participants and not previous canoeing experience required.
Mid-afternoon, you will be met by your guide for a full briefing before starting with a short canoe trip to the camp site. This is a short distance the first day as all equipment will be carried with the group.
Stop just before sunset on the banks of the Spillway to set up your dome tent and enjoy a sundowner. Dinner will be cooked on the open campfire.
Early morning wake up with a light breakfast. Depart on full day of canoeing with a lunch stop and short guided safari walk. When a suitable camp-site is found, set up camp for the night for another night under the stars.
Today will be an opportunity to get out the canoe and enter parts of the Selinda which are only accessible on foot.
Depart for a full day of canoeing with a lunch stop before ending the day camping at another quiet spot on the Spillway.
Depart after breakfast for a final short paddle before finishing at around mid-morning at a meeting point where you are met by a vehicle and taken to the airstrip for your onward light aircraft flight.
Guaranteed departures are fully inclusive of camping accommodation, meals, scheduled activities, conservancy fees, return airstrip transfers (Selinda airstrip), alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding champagne and imported premium drinks).
Children 8 to 11 years (inclusive) are welcome only on departures booked for exclusive use on a private basis. This allows the guide and crew to adjust the daily mileage to suit a family’s needs.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours