Update: please note Bom Bom is undergoing refurbishment and is expected to reopen in May 2024. Set on a tiny, forested islet off the northern tip of Príncipe, Bom Bom (which means ‘Good Good’) is a place to escape the world without giving up on comfort. The resort is reached by walking across a long wooden bridge from Principe, and its 17 en-suite bungalows have a serene and comfortable style w...
Omali Lodge Boutique Hotel is set along the shore of Lagarto Beach close to the cultural melting pot of São Tomé Town. Just 5 minutes outside of town and an hour away from Obo Natural Park, the lodge provides a comfortable base both to relax and from which to explore the island of São Tomé. The narrow, crescent shaped beach is separated from the hotel by a road and string of palm trees. Accommo...
This former plantation complex dates back to the start of the 20th century, when it was a splendid establishment in the heart of one of the largest cacao plantations on the islands. It has been lovingly restored by local builders using mostly recycled materials. The restaurant has a beautifully preserved veranda from where there are panoramic views. Locally- sourced and organic ingredients are use...
Roça Belo Monte Plantation is perched on a hilltop overlooking five pretty beaches, to which its guests have easy access by means of complementary transfers. This charming, Dutch-owned property has classical colonial architecture with elegant design. There is a variety of room types to choose from, all very comfortable and air-conditioned: Manor House, Luxury Suites, Plantation rooms and also, P...
Sundy Praia truly has that world class 'WOW factor': fifteen luxurious, tented villas - each of which has a freestanding granite bath tub with views into the verdant and forested grounds - are located in an idyllic, discrete location at a lovely white-sand beach. The air-conditioned villas are well concealed in lush, forest surroundings. Each tented villa is furnished with handcrafted artefacts ...
This relaxed seaside hotel offers an alternative choice for visitors who are keen on experiencing more of Sao Tome. Located about 15km from Sao Tome town, the property has a private beach and offers 31 comfortable, en-suite bungalows. There are three types of bungalow: The Standard bungalows (Twin/Double/Single) are air-conditioned and can accommodate two adults and a young child up to age 12. ...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours