Roça Belo Monte Plantation is perched on a hilltop overlooking five pretty beaches, to which its guests have easy access by means of complementary transfers.
This charming, Dutch-owned property has classical colonial architecture with elegant design. There is a variety of room types to choose from, all very comfortable and air-conditioned: Manor House, Luxury Suites, Plantation rooms and also, Private Villas.
Guests enjoy sundowners on the terrace or relaxing by the pool and comment favourably about the friendly service. The beach is down a twisty dirt track from the hotel, but if you don't want to walk back up, they'll collect you with the shuttle. The staff and local guides can brief you as to where excellent snorkelling spots are. (Use of snorkelling equipment and kayaks is included in the rates).
The hotel's involvement in conservation initiatives as part of the sustainable tourism organisation 'Africa's Eden', is noteworthy.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours