Update: please note Bom Bom is undergoing refurbishment and is expected to reopen in May 2024.
Set on a tiny, forested islet off the northern tip of Príncipe, Bom Bom (which means ‘Good Good’) is a place to escape the world without giving up on comfort. The resort is reached by walking across a long wooden bridge from Principe, and its 17 en-suite bungalows have a serene and comfortable style with private verandas and air conditioning. Some are on the beach, others look towards the sea, tropical gardens or pool, and there’s a large wood-decked lounge and restaurant serving locally-caught fish and South African wines.
Excursions are designed to make the most of Príncipe’s pristine natural world, and include birdwatching, rainforest hikes, trips by pirogue to see whales and plantation tours. As the hotel is owned by HBD, making it a sister property of Sundy Praia, Roca Sundy and Omali, guests can be assured of high caliber service and comfort.
With the eagerly-awaited reopening in 2024, scuba diving will once again be offered on Principe.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours