Omali Lodge Boutique Hotel is set along the shore of Lagarto Beach close to the cultural melting pot of São Tomé Town. Just 5 minutes outside of town and an hour away from Obo Natural Park, the lodge provides a comfortable base both to relax and from which to explore the island of São Tomé. The narrow, crescent shaped beach is separated from the hotel by a road and string of palm trees.
Set amongst palm trees and well kept tropical gardens, the 30 rooms all face the centrally-located swimming pool. The classic rooms are simple, compact and cosy. For a nominal additional cost guests will appreciate the stylish, spacious Premier rooms or Junior Suites, which have separate lounge/living areas. There is a Honeymoon Suite and families can request the 2 bedroomed Family Room. All rooms feature an en suite bathroom, air-conditioning, satellite TV, telephone and mini-bar.
Food and service
General Manager Jose Mendes and his team of 70 staff ensure that guests are well taken care of. Meals are mostly taken in the restaurant and the food is very good. Breakfasts are served as a buffet. The Leve Leve Bar encourages guests to live by the islands motto – ‘leve leve’ – meaning “just enjoy life and watch the sun go down”. We can provide the QR code for the restaurant menu on request.
The reception team will arrange transfers into town, currency exchange and the facility to secure valuables in the electronic safe. There is a small souvenir shop and laundry service, and Wi-Fi is available throughout the property, as is the case with the other HBD properties. Guests returning to Omali for a night after a sojourn to Principe, are welcome to leave excess baggage at Omali Lodge.
Speak with reception if you wish to arrange any full day or half-day excursions with private guides and drivers. Please see our details in the sample itineraries for some of the more requested options.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours