Monteverde Cloud Forest is a bewitching, magical place with emerald green foliage surrounded by whirling mists, perched on the edge of the Tilaran Mountains.
This primary forest is made up of 26,000 acres, 8 different biological zones and is home to a vast array of birdlife, plantlife and animals, it is said there are more 500 species of birds alone. For lucky birdwatchers, the famous Resplendent Quetzal bird is said to reside here.
Within the reserve there is a well-marked network of walking trails for short or long treks. A stay in Monteverde merits a visit to numerous hanging bridges; suspended walkways offering treetop views, as well as hummingbird and butterfly gardens. Don't miss it on any trip to Costa Rica.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours