Hotel Fonda Vela is situated two kilometres from the 10,500 hectare Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve.At an elevation of 1400 metres, guests can enjoy spectacular views of the Gulf of Nicoya. The grounds of the property are filled with lush forests - perfect for bird watching and hiking.Rooms are comfortable and well-sized and bring the outdoors inside with large windows offering views of the forest...
Located in Monteverde, Hotel Heliconia is surrounded by extensive lush gardens.The family run property is designed to offer home-style comfort in an all wood construction. Its 55 rooms are furnished in a rustic style and have balconies. The standard rooms have views of the gardens whereas suites are located further up the hillside and offer views of the surrounding area.There are two restaurants t...
El Establo is a family-owned hotel in Monteverde with 155 comfortable rooms.This hotel is a good option for those who love a blend of nature and luxury, as it offers everything guests need including restaurants, bars and a pool, all within a beautiful setting.Aside from Las Riendas where you dine for breakfast, the hotel features an elegant, fine dining restaurant, Laggus. One of the highlights is...
Hotel Belmar is nestled in the mountains adjacent to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve.It strives to work in harmony with nature and the local community, avoiding negative impacts on the environment and local cultures.The lodge’s 28 rooms offer spectacular views with good service in a comfortable, rustic setting....
The Trapp Family Hotel is the closest lodge to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve which is just a 15 minute walk away.This cozy 20-room inn pays tribute to its setting with beautiful tropical wood appointments and a family-style restaurant fronted by huge picture windows and a balcony overlooking gardens and verdant rain forest.Set in a small private reserve, the lodge is ideal for anyone appreci...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours