Bound by the Pacific Ocean and the Andes mountains, Chile’s Atacama Desert is the driest place on Earth. This lunar landscape is home to some of nature’s greatest spectacles from wind-sculpted canyons, salt lakes, active volcanoes, sandy deserts and spurting geysers. Most visitors to the region make the welcome town of San Pedro de Atacama their base; a picturesque, small town with tree-lined plazas and a 17th-century church, this was once a fertile oasis where the indigenous people thrived. Whilst in town, at sunrise head to El Tatio to watch as the geyser field comes to life, spot flamingos poised in bright green and red lakes, set foot on the world’s 3rd largest salt flat and watch the sunset over the Valley of the Moon. One of the world’s foremost stargazing centres, here the skies are huge and the air is clear, by night head to an observatory to study the southern constellations. Offering an abundance of activities; this is an adventurers paradise and offers a multitude of sightseeing attractions to otherworldly sites.
- Iconic Moai of Easter Island
- Bohemian Lastarria neighbourhood of Santiago
- Dramatic Atacama Desert
- Scenic Lake District
- Historic Santiago
- Intriguing La Paz
- Luna Landscape of Atacama Desert
- Unique Lake Titicaca
- Explore the unique districts of Santiago
- Ushuaia, the worlds southernmost city
- World's best star gazing in Atacama desert
- Cruise the remote Chilean Patagonia
Located in the heart of the oasis town of San Pedro de Atacama the charmingly rustic Terrantai was built using local materials from the surrounding desert and blends perfectly into the Atacama landscape.Offering contemporary chic design, the hotel's 21 rooms are stylish and modern, all featuring high ceilings, private tiled bathroom and ample heating for the cold desert evenings. There is a re...
- Spectacular otherworldly landscape of Atacama
- Explore the stunning scenery of Torres del Paine National Park
- Bohemian neighbourhood of Lastarria in Santiago
- Charming Germanic towns of the Lake District
- The bohemian Lastarria district, Santiago
- Experience dramatic Torres del Paine
- Surreal landscape of the Atacama Desert
- Enjoy premium wines in the Central Valley
Set in the oasis town of San Pedro de Atacama, Awasi is an award-winning intimate boutique hotel.Ten private adobe cottages all feature outdoor showers and private terraces are dotted around courtyards with firepits and the pool area. Made of stone, adobe and wood; the cottages are designed to be in keeping with the local Atacamenan style. Guests can expect highly personalised service here. The pr...
Noi Casa Atacama was the first sustainable hotel in northern Chile, and promotes ecologically sound tourism, the responsible use of natural resources, recycling and conscientious energy use.The hotel’s design has been geared towards conservation, with a focus on water conservation, low energy consumption and a solar-heated water system. Immersed in one of the world’s most stunning natu...
Part of the iconic Explora hotel group in Latin America, Explora Atacama can be found in the oasis town of San Pedro de Atacama.Blending comfort and adventure in unique locations, guests of Explora are offered fully inclusive programmes (expect premium wines), allowing them to choose from a menu of excursions showcasing the best of the Atacama.Its 50 well appointed rooms are stylish and wonderfull...
Tierra Atacama is a boutique lodge in the oasis town of San Pedro de Atacama with two family suites and 30 rooms, all of which are spacious and extremely comfortable. Rooms are furnished in a minimalist style and constructed from materials sourced from the local area.The restaurant offers an ever changing menu serving the best in Chilean cuisine using exceptional local produce and the bar champion...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours