Altiplanico is tucked away on the outskirts of San Pedro de Atacama, facing the majestic Licancabur Volcano.
The hotel’s unique adobe design is inspired by the style of an Altiplano village with rooms featuring small geometric windows and thick walls, protecting guests from the intense desert sun and the chilling night cold.
Separated by vegetation, the hotel’s 31 rooms are arranged in three semicircles. Each individually styled room has a simple design, all have private bathrooms and outdoor terrace with view. Some rooms also feature an outdoor shower to enjoy the sunny desert days and starry nights. There is an inviting swimming pool on site and a large outdoor seating area, featuring a large fire pit to sit round in the evenings; perfecting for admiring the southern constellations and enjoying the tranquility of the altiplano.
After a day of activity exploring this enchanting area, relax at the hotel’s restaurant and bar accompanied with local music of the Andes. Choose from a menu which seamlessly mixes Peruvian, Chilean and Atacameñan inspiration. Highlights of the region include quinoa, purple potatoes, scallops, chañar and Indian corn.
The nearby town of San Pedro de Atacama (approximately 15 minutes walk) is nearby with further options, including restaurants offering warming fires to combat the evening chill.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Spectacular otherworldly landscape of Atacama
- Explore the stunning scenery of Torres del Paine National Park
- Bohemian neighbourhood of Lastarria in Santiago
- Charming Germanic towns of the Lake District
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours