Uganda is home to an abundance of wildlife. With the Nile River running through the country, over a thousand confirmed bird species live alongside predators and prey alike. In just one holiday you can explore both equatorial rainforests and savannahs, so typical of Eastern Africa. Not only is Uganda a Big-Five destination, it is also home to the endangered Mountain gorillas as well many other primate species including wild chimpanzees, Colobus monkeys and the Grey-cheeked mangabey. For many a sighting of the pre-historic looking Shoebill is top of their birding list, and Uganda is one of the best places to see this strange creature. Uganda really is one of the most rewarding countries in the world for those looking for a holiday that focuses on wildlife sightings from primates and bird species to many different mammals, both large and small.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours