With a selection of national parks offering a huge variety of different animal species and birds, Uganda is an excellent safari destination for wildlife enthusiasts wanting to see more than just the Big-Five in their natural environment. With the chance to trek mountain gorillas and chimpanzees in the wild as well, Uganda safari holidays offer experiences that are truly unique.
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi
- Tree-climbing Lions in Ishasha
- Abundant game-viewing in Mweya
- Chimp tracking in Chamburu Gorge
- Be awestruck by the Mountain gorillas
- See wild Chimps and monkeys galore
- Diverse Afro-tropical forest birds
- Stunning scenery - volcanoes, lakes, forests and savannah
- Trek the awe-inspiring Mountain Gorillas in Uganda
- Visit the stunningly rural Lake Mutanda situated in the shadow of the Virunga Mountains
- Walk through Bwindi Forest encountering various forest-dwelling monkeys and birds
- Track the Chimpanzees in Kibale Forest
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi
- Gorilla Habituation Experience!
- Mabamba Swamp excursion for Shoebill
- Big Five in Kenya
- The thundering Murchison Falls
- Rhino tracking at Ziwa
- Big cats and big game in Murchison Falls and Queen Elizabeth National Parks
- Chimp tracking in Kibale Forest
- Spending time with one of Bwindi's habituated family groups of Mountain gorilla - an unforgettable wildlife experience!
- Comfortable accommodation and excellent hospitality
- Mountain gorillas at Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Prolific game viewing at Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Diverse birdlife including a selection of Albertine Rift Endemic species
- Quintessential African bush scenery in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Awe-inspiring encounter with Mountain gorillas
- Tracking wild Chimpanzees in Kibale Forest
- Carnivores and ungulates in Queen Elizabeth NP
- Birdlife galore!
- Predators and plains game in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi, Uganda
- Luxuriating at the beach in Zanzibar
- Some Zanzibari culture in Stone Town
- Mountain Gorilla and Chimpanzee tracking
- Lions, elephants, buffalo, hippos and antelopes galore
- Superb equatorial African birdwatching!
- Wildlife conservation presentations by rangers, guides & wardens
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours