- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi
- Gorilla Habituation Experience!
- Mabamba Swamp excursion for Shoebill
- Big Five in Kenya
- Quintessential African scenery
- Superb hospitality and expert guiding
- Accommodation Throughout
- Travel Guide
Many tour companies churn out 'generic' itineraries combining a visit to Mountain gorillas in either Uganda or in Rwanda, with a safari (often-times geared for the mass market), in Kenya. We've carefully re-examined this concept and drawn from our team's in-depth knowledge and field experience, to present this highly recommended sample itinerary for wildlife enthusiasts heading out to Africa for their first visit.
Begin with the stunningly beautiful rainforests of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, where you visit the endangered Mountain gorillas. Your base will be the superb Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge, as this is the best place to be located at for the very special Gorilla Habituation experience. During your time at Bwindi, you will enjoy your awe-inspiring Gorilla Trek, and then have the opportunity the following day to either do another 'normal' Gorilla tracking excursion a second time, or do the 4-hour Gorilla Habituation Experience during your second full day. Or, if you prefer to focus on the scenery and landscapes of the area, you could choose to enjoy a 2-3hr 'Top of the World' trek, during which you can enjoy stunning vistas of the Virunga volcano chain and seek out birdlife and small forest wildlife.
From Bwindi we fly you back to Entebbe where you stay overnight. There'll be time today to visit Mabamba Swamp, a nearby wetland where you'll be able to seek the dinosaur-like Shoebill, another of Uganda's incredible highlights.
If flight scheudules allow, later that evening you catch your regional flight to Nairobi where you will stay for the night. The following morning, you take a domestic flight into the Masaai Mara for your 4 night Kenya safari based at Governors' Camp occupying the best wildlife viewing location in the Masai Mara National Reserve. Nestled in the riverine forest along the winding banks of the Mara River, its waters teeming with bird-life, hippo and crocodile. To any prospective wildlife and safari enthusiasts, Masaai Mara needs no introduction: here you can enjoy outstanding game viewing in a quintessential Africa savannah setting, guided game drives (and walks) in the wildlife-rich Mara National Reserve.
You then take a domestic flight back to Nairobi, and catch a connecting regional flight to Zanzibar where you will stay in historic Stone Town for the night. The following day, you enjoy two half-day tours in/around the cobbled winding streets of Stone Town, options incl. Spice Tour, Stone Town Tour, and Prison Island Tour.
Finally, you travel to the Zanzibar Coast where you will spend your final 4 nights relaxing at your beach resort.
Please note: for this particular itinerary, we have selected Governors' Camp, but there is a variety of other options which can be explored, so contact us for alternative quotations, incl. Kichwa Tembo, Kicheche Bush, etc.
Day 1 London Heathrow - Entebbe
Day 2 Entebbe - Kisoro - Lake Mutanda - Nkuringo, Bwindi
Day 3 Uganda Gorilla Trek!
Day 4 Optional activities - Second Gorilla Trek, or, Uga
Day 5 Nkuringo, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park - Kiso
Day 6 Nairobi - Maasai Mara (flight)
Day 7 Safari Activities!
Day 8 Safari Activities!
Day 9 Safari Activities!
Day 10 Maasai Mara - Nairobi - Zanzibar (flight) - Stone
Day 11 Stone Town - Zanzibar Coast
Day 12 Zanzibar Coast
Day 13 Zanzibar Coast
Day 14 Zanzibar Coast
Day 15 Zanzibar Coast - Zanzibar Airport and Departure
Day 16 Arrival: London (or selected other UK airports)
- Return International Flights as per the itinerary
- All airport taxes and security charges
- Accommodation and meals as specified
- Transfers as specified
- Activities and excursions as specified
- All entrace fees on sightseeing tours as specified
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional excursions
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours