Uganda’s best kept secret in the far north east of the country bordering the Sudan and Northern border.
This park is Uganda’s most isolated park and home to a number of species not found anywhere else in Uganda including the greater and lesser Kudu, eland, ostrich and cheetah.
During the dry season the only permanent water in the park is found in the wetlands and remnant pools in the Narus Valley, making these seasonal oases combined with the open savannah terrain the parks prime game viewing location.
The park is also notable for its birds of prey, with 56 species recorded, 14 of which are believed to endemic to Kidepo including the Egyptian Vulture and Pygmy Falcon.
We recommend at least three nights in the wonderfully wild location to truly explore and appreciate all that this untapped park has to offer.
On a picturesque 'kopje' (hillock) overlooking the Narus valley in the south-western sector of Kidepo National Park, Apoka Lodge offers unexpectedly luxurious accommodation in a remote wilderness part of the country, not far from the Sudanese border. The ten en-suite rooms are comfortable, stylish and beautifully furnished: everything has been handmade by local craftsmen. The rooms have been co...
Kidepo Savannah Lodge is situated just 500 meters from the Kalokudo Gate on a hill on the edge of Kidepo Valley National Park, one of the most beautiful and remote national parks in Uganda Offering stunning vistas of the expansive Narus Valley, Mount Morungole and the distant mountain ranges that border South Sudan, the lodge’s design is influenced by its surroundings - undulating grasslands, rock...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours