On a picturesque 'kopje' (hillock) overlooking the Narus valley in the south-western sector of Kidepo National Park, Apoka Lodge offers unexpectedly luxurious accommodation in a remote wilderness part of the country, not far from the Sudanese border.
The ten en-suite rooms are comfortable, stylish and beautifully furnished: everything has been handmade by local craftsmen. The rooms have been constructed using natural canvas for their walls. They have splendid savannah or mountain views.
Each has an inside sitting room with private veranda, so guests have plenty of place in which to relax and sprawl. Heavy, hand-hewn beds with soft duvets are draped with mosquito nets; there are hand-woven woollen carpets, extra large plush towels and dressing gowns are provided.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours