In the south of the country, approximately 5 hours by good road from Entebbe, Lake Mburo National Park lies in extensive, dry acacia woodland.
Other habitats contained in the park are lakes, papyrus swamps and grasslands. Mburo is an ideal place in which to break the long overland journey between Bwindi and Entebbe.
The park supports 68 mammal species including topi, roan antelope and giant eland. Jackals, leopard and hyenas prey on the abundant herbivores. Birders come especially to seek acacia-specialist species, such as red-faced barbet, which otherwise would be difficult to locate in Uganda.
A cruise on Lake Mburo may reveal crocodile, hippo, pelicans and various other aquatic birds. Guided walks and game drives are offered in the park.
- Awe-inspiring encounter with Mountain gorillas
- Tracking wild Chimpanzees in Kibale Forest
- Carnivores and ungulates in Queen Elizabeth NP
- Birdlife galore!
This lovely property has been much enjoyed by our guests since its inception. 12 luxury, tented rooms are designed to provide guests with a sense of privacy and tranquility. Each room has its own special charm and character, whether it is nestled in thick bush, or overlooking the lake, or perched on a rocky outcrop - or down by the water hole. Although no two rooms are alike, the proprietors ha...
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi
- Chimpanzee Habituation in Kibale
- Plains game and predators galore in Murchison Falls National Park
- Abundant equatorial African birdlife, including chance to seek Shoebill in Mabamba
On an imposing granite outcrop just outside Lake Mburo National Park, Rwakobo offers comfortable, no-frills accommodation inprivate thatched cottages with solar lighting, flush toilets and solar heated showers. It has been thoughtfully blended into the natural landscape. The cottages are dotted around the hill taking advantage of rocky ledges and secluded locations. They are excellent value for ...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours