Birkenhead House is perched on the cliffs between two of the best beaches in the area.Once immersed in the atmosphere of this stylish boutique hotel, you feel utterly carefree and allow yourself to enjoy the pleasure of whatever your South Africa adventure may bring. Just as the décor combines modern with antique in a successful eclectic mix, so the staff carry off relaxed yet exemplary ser...
This award-winning, ocean-front 4-star guesthouse has views that will take your breath away.It is the ideal choice for those looking for whale watching in a quieter and more relaxed atmosphere whilst on holiday in South Africa. De Kelders is a small village near Gansbaai overlooking Walker Bay. The surrounding area has magnificent fynbos (wild flowers), white beaches, horse riding, golf courses, w...
Just 160 km east of Cape Town, the 2000-hectare Grootbos Nature Reserve nestles in fynbos-clad hills above Walker Bay, where the Southern Right Whale breeds each year. The views of the dunes, the sea and the Cape of Good Hope are breathtaking. This small lodge provides tranquility in a unique and beautiful setting and a wide choice of activities. Grootbos was the vision of the Lutzeyer family, esp...
Lavender Manor is a four-star guest house in a brilliant position above Hermanus’ Blue Flag Grotto Beach. It has great whale-watching across Walker Bay, stunning mountain views and is within walking distance of many superb beaches. It is in the village, just outside the town centre, well positioned for all the local attractions such as golfing, visits to local vineyards, nature walks and, of...
Ocean Eleven is a colonial style guest house that sits on top of the magnificent Hermanus cliffs.The guesthouse has a relaxed, intimate and unfussy atmosphere, and one of the best locations in Hermanus: the house is on the seaward side of the coastal road, directly on the cliff front, so you can walk out of the lovely gardens right onto miles of cliff paths.The main house has colonial elegance, wi...
This popular owner run property is in the protected sanctuary of Schulphoek Bay, with spectacular sea views and only 5 km from Hermanus Town. The seven suites have been individually decorated with many thoughtful touches. An open-plan kitchen, with full time chef, specialises in fresh seafood and venison dishes, and guests can recuperate in the heated saltwater pool and enjoy wellness therapies. T...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours