Travelling south from Kruger to Kwazulu Natal you pass through scenic Swaziland, a tiny, landlocked kingdom surrounded by mountains, and on three sides by South Africa. To drive through takes about eight hours. We recommend a night or two to take in the arts and crafts of the Swazi people, and for rhino tracking on foot in the Mkhaya Game reserve.
Mkhaya in mountainous southeast Swaziland, was developed as the country’s official refuge for endangered species.Consequently, you are likely to see many of the rarer animals and Mkhaya’s guides enable you to get really close to big game.The accommodation is unusual too – open-sided huts of stone and thatch keep you at one with nature in the African bush....
Reilly's Rock Hilltop Lodge inside Mlilwane Game Reserve, was built at the turn of the century as a home for the Reilly family, which founded this reserve. Comfortably furnished in period style, this attractive homestead is set against a mountain backdrop and has commanding views of the game-studded plain below. Activities include horse-riding and walking trails among the game, mountain-biking...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours