Listed by many as one of the worlds best drives, a luxury holiday to South Africa's Garden Route takes you to points from George through to Port Elizabeth and we recommend a 3 or 4 day road trip, which should provide you with a superb few days. The mountains sweep down to the Indian Ocean which is bordered with some spectacular forests such as Tsitisikamma and sleepy towns such as Knysna with it’s antique shops and tea rooms.
- See some dramatic views from the top of Table Mountain
- Discover the beautiful lush scenery that is the Garden Route
- See amazing game on safari in a non Malarial private reserve
- Fully tailor made itineraries by first hand experts
- Taste gourmet food and superb wines
- Watch the breaching whales
- Dare to dive with a Great White Shark
- Enjoy twice daily drives in search of big game
Belvidere Manor is an owner-run, four-star luxury retreat in an idyllic setting in the heart of South Africa’s Garden Route.Accommodation is in charming Cape-style cottages set among ten acres of beautiful parkland running down to Knysna Lagoon. The village of Belvidere is an historic settlement on the lagoon and about 9 km from Knysna. The estate dates from 1834; the manor house from 1850. ...
Bitou River Lodgeis a delightful B&B that won the AA Accommodation Award for ‘best guesthouse-style B&B’ in three consecutive years. It has just five en suite rooms, all of which open onto a beautiful riverbank beside the Bitou River – a lovely setting, especially rich in birdlife. Owner Sue and husband Paul are great hosts and you will enjoy an excellent breakfast here. It’s a tranquil setting in...
Bosavern Guest House is a stylish, good-value, four-star guesthouse.It is set on a hill just above the town and the beach and offers panoramic views of Plettenberg Bay and easy access to Robberg Beach and Nature Reserve. You avoid the bustle of the town, while remaining close to the attractions.The building is modern, bright and airy, and, since the guesthouse has just five bedrooms, it has a rela...
De Zeekoe Guest Farm lies 10 min outside Oudtshoorn, just off the R62 and the wine route in the Klein Karroo.The name is taken from the original Dutch name of the farm ‘Zeekoegat’ and means ‘hippo waterhole’.De Zeekoe is a 2000 hectare, owner managed working ostrich and lucern farm with beautiful views of Swartberg and Outeniqua Mountains, the perfect setting for an early e...
Hog Hollow Country Lodge scores top marks for location, hospitality, style, service and food – quite an accolade! Set in a private nature reserve on the edge of the Tsitsikamma Forest, the attractive rooms have breathtaking views of the surrounding valley and mountains. Few activities are more restful than gently swinging in the hammock chair on your terrace, sipping a cooling drink and watching t...
Hunters Country House is the sister hotel of Tsala Treetops and also a 5-star ‘Relais and Chateaux’ hotel.It is set in wooded gardens just 10 km outside Plettenberg Bay and 20 km from Knysna. There is the original oak-beamed thatched homestead, which is furnished with fine antiques, and a range of cottages spread across the extensive gardens and woodland.Gourmet South African cuisine i...
Kanonkop Guest House is a small, owner-managed, 5-star retreat situated on Kanonkop Hill, with spectacular, uninterrupted views of the Knysna Lagoon and Heads.Run by Mark Conyers (the former South African cricketer), his brother and father, this guest house will appeal to the sporting enthusiast. Kanonkop is a corporate member of Fancourt, Pezula and Simola golf estates, so you can play on these m...
Kurland is a small, luxurious owner run country hotel east of Plettenberg Bay, near the village of Kurland on the Garden Route. With its verdant setting, exquisite rooms and extensive facilities, Kurland is a superb place for a relaxing holiday – especially if you are travelling with children. Kurland stands amidst the green pastures of a 700-hectare polo estate, located where the foothills of th...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours