- Be sure to take a cable car up to the top of Table Mountain
- Taste some amazing wines in Franschhoek
- see some Meerkats up close and personal in Oudtshoorn
- If you're lucky, spot Whales and Dolphins in Plettenberg
- Big 5 safari in a non malarial area
- Accommodation Throughout
- Car Hire
This 12 day self drive journey takes you along the iconic Garden Route running across the south coast of South Africa. Beginning with city exploration in Cape Town for three nights and two nights in the famous Franschhoek, all of the hotels have been carefully selected for their reputation as well as their central location making them ideal to explore the cities by foot.
After visiting the Cape Peninsula, seeing the beautiful views of the city from Table Mountain and inspecting the wine estates of the Cape Winelands region, you will set off on the scenic Garden Route onto Oudshorrn, the ostrich farming capital of the Karroo. Here you will stay at De ZeeKoe Guest Farm, a working farm between the Swartberg and Outeniqua mountains. We advise you book a tour to come up close and personal with the furry meerkats of nearby Meerkat Adventures, no relation to the Aleksandr European lineage of meerkats.
This trip is filled with opportunities to view wildlife in its natural habitat, including the wealth of marine life in the coastal haven of Plettenberg Bay while staying at Cottage Pie Guest House.
You will end this unforgettable holiday with a two day safari at the Kariega Game Reserve in the malaria free Eastern Cape. A wonderful way to experience South Africa’s famous wildlife and scenery, the reserve offers twice daily game drives to see the Big Five alongside an array of activities to truly immerse yourself in and learn about this beautiful countryside. Our South Africa experts have devised the perfect mix of cosmopolitan city fun with thrilling wildlife adventure, showing you the best of what South Africa’s has to offer.
Day 1 Depart the UK on an overnight fligh...
Day 2 Cape Town
Day 3 Cape Town
Day 4 Cape Town
Day 5 Franschhoek
Day 6 Franschhoek
Day 7 Oudtshoorn
Day 8 Plettenberg Bay
Day 9 Plettenberg Bay
Day 10 Plettenberg Bay
Day 11 Kariega Game Reserve
Day 12 Kariega Game Reserve
Day 13 After your game activity in the mor...
- Return International Flights as per the itinerary
- All airport taxes and security charges
- Accommodation and meals as specified
- Transfers as specified
- Activities and excursions as specified
- All entrace fees on sightseeing tours as specified
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional excursions
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours