Bitou River Lodgeis a delightful B&B that won the AA Accommodation Award for ‘best guesthouse-style B&B’ in three consecutive years.
It has just five en suite rooms, all of which open onto a beautiful riverbank beside the Bitou River – a lovely setting, especially rich in birdlife. Owner Sue and husband Paul are great hosts and you will enjoy an excellent breakfast here.
It’s a tranquil setting in the meandering Bitou River Valley, but still close enough to Plett to go in for an evening meal. Canoes are provided, so you can paddle upstream watching the Yellowbills, Kingfishers and Egyptian geese. All five rooms have glass doors opening onto a private patio and the riverbank.
Décor is limewash and painted pine, and rooms have their own kitchenette.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours