East of Plettenberg Bay, you enter the indigenous Tsitsikamma Forest, a wonderland of giant yellowwood and stinkwood trees running down to a dramatic coastline of cliffs, estuaries and sandy coves.
Tsitsikamma Forest is a magnificent setting for walks, guided walks, horse-riding or mountain-biking. Storms River Mouth has stunning coastal scenery and a network of walking trails that skirt the coast. You will see birds, lizards, trees and plants found nowhere else on the planet.
Stormsriver Adventures can take you through the forest on a treetop canopy tour. You launch onto an aerial runway 30 metres above the forest floor, and glide from one tree platform to the next. At each stop, there are guides to explain the ecology of the forest, and the platforms provide a splendid vantage point for observing the magnificent bird life.
Nature’s Valley is another highlight of the area: five untouched kilometres of white sandy beach, with walks leading up onto the cliff tops above.
Adrenalin activities include blackwater tubing, parasailing, the world's highest bungy jump, sea-kayaking, abseiling and sky-diving.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours