With its verdant setting, exquisite rooms and extensive facilities, Kurland is a superb place for a relaxing holiday – especially if you are travelling with children.
Kurland stands amidst the green pastures of a 700-hectare polo estate, located where the foothills of the Outeniqua Mountains descend to the Indian Ocean. The Cape Dutch buildings set in landscaped gardens surrounded by polo fields.
Twelve very spacious and individually decorated rooms combine the most up-to-date facilities with antique furniture. Ten of the rooms have connecting loft rooms, especially designed for children. There are two categories of room with loft, luxury and superior, which have private plunge pools, as well as two smaller ‘elegant’ rooms without loft.
Meals are served in the dining room or al fresco. An open fireplace takes the chill off in early autumn or late spring, making the outside lounge area a lovely place to curl up with a book or magazine and a mug of hot chocolate. A full bar service and snacks are also available.
In addition to the sparkling pool, the facilities at Kurland include the library with internet facilities, a tennis court, a gym, sauna and steam room, as well as a beauty treatments centre with massage. There are horses, and ponies for children; quad-bikes and mountain bikes.
For children, there is a well-equipped, supervised recreation area with a large playroom and children's swimming pool. The children’s loft rooms are enough to make your heart melt. They are like beautiful dolls houses, with everything done perfectly on a smaller scale, and equipped with everything a small child could wish for.
There is so much to do on the estate that it can be hard to tear yourself away. When you do, you will find yourself quite close to the beautiful, secluded and undeveloped beach at Nature’s Valley. The Tsitsikamma Forest is also near by, with its forest walks and adventure activities.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours