Hunters Country House is the sister hotel of Tsala Treetops and also a 5-star ‘Relais and Chateaux’ hotel.
It is set in wooded gardens just 10 km outside Plettenberg Bay and 20 km from Knysna. There is the original oak-beamed thatched homestead, which is furnished with fine antiques, and a range of cottages spread across the extensive gardens and woodland.
Gourmet South African cuisine is served in the candle-lit restaurant.
Accommodation is in 24 delightful and luxurious thatched cottages with private patios. There is quite a range. Three orchard cottages are 45 sq m and have a bedroom and lounge in one; 12 garden cottages are similar in size, but have a separate lounge area; the five spacious premier suites also have a separate lounge area are 60 m2; the two classic suites are 85 m2 and have a separate living room, study, private patio and swimming pool. The forest suite at 125 m2 is the ultimate in luxury.
Aromatherapy and massage are available in your room on request. There is an antique and curio shop, and a chapel in the wood for weddings. The hotel has a large swimming pool.
Hunters Country House welcomes children of all ages. Cubs’ Corner, a dedicated children’s area, has a paddling pool, jungle gym sandpit and games room with trained staff in attendance.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours