Tsala Treetop Lodge is a romantic, secluded get-away set high above the forest floor in the canopy of the Tsitsikamma Forest. Its quirky, unusual design is an imaginative mix of contemporary style and hand crafted African tradition. Tsala will appeal to those who love unusual, chic decor combined with comfort and discreet service. The twelve luxury suites (two with two bedrooms) are built of stone, wood and glass, and each has its own viewing deck with a private infinity plunge pool. In the cooler months you can hunker down in comfort beside the cosy wood-burning stove. Massages can be ordered in your own room, and the lodge can organise riding or golf. Tsala is an excellent choice for all seasons.
The suites are totally private, encased in individual stockades. Each has a separate sitting room and bedroom, and a gorgeous bathroom with free-standing, egg-shaped stone bath as well as an outdoor shower. Elevated boardwalks connect the suites to the main lodge, with its library, lounges and dining room. Even the swimming pool is raised into the treetops.
Dining at Tsala Treetop Lodge
The lodge has an excellent restaurant and wine cellar. It is a Relais and Chateaux 5-star lodge, part of the well-respected Hunter Hotel group. Tsala Treetops is the sister lodge of Hunter’s Country House, situated in the same the forest reserve. Guests can book diner at either venue, and be assured of superb cuisine and exceptional wines.
Tsala is approximately 10 km outside Plettenberg Bay and 20 km from Knysna, ideally placed as a base for exploring the Garden Route coast and forest.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours