Ocean Eleven is a colonial style guest house that sits on top of the magnificent Hermanus cliffs.
The guesthouse has a relaxed, intimate and unfussy atmosphere, and one of the best locations in Hermanus: the house is on the seaward side of the coastal road, directly on the cliff front, so you can walk out of the lovely gardens right onto miles of cliff paths.
The main house has colonial elegance, with high ceilings, teak floors, and wonderful, tall windows. Large French windows open from the breakfast room out onto the pool deck, where breakfast is served in summer.
It is set away from the little town, but it’s just a short stroll, if you want to take advantage of its restaurants and boutiques, or watch the activity at the harbour.
The hotel has ten individual and very comfortable rooms, each with a sea view over Walker Bay. Rooms are well equipped with percale cotton sheets, mini bars, heated towel rails, safes and ceiling fans.
The three standard rooms are on the ground floor and provide en suite facilities with a shower. There are five deluxe rooms located either near the pool or in the old house. Ocean 11’s two spacious, air-conditioned suites are located in the loft; one is ideal for honeymooners and the other has a sleeper couch for a third person, if required. Deluxe rooms and suites are equipped with both a bath and a shower.
For families, there is a two-bedroom apartment with patio and private enclosed garden. There is a sea-view from the living room and from the patio, but not from the bedrooms.
The décor reflects the seaside setting and beautiful local artwork is displayed throughout the hotel.
There is a lovely pool and a huge choice of activities in the area including horse riding, nature walks along the coast, diving, and whale watching. Dinner is by request.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours