Lavender Manor is a four-star guest house in a brilliant position above Hermanus’ Blue Flag Grotto Beach.
It has great whale-watching across Walker Bay, stunning mountain views and is within walking distance of many superb beaches. It is in the village, just outside the town centre, well positioned for all the local attractions such as golfing, visits to local vineyards, nature walks and, of course, the best whale watching in South Africa.
Our clients like Lavender Manor because it is stylish and comfortable, without being over-the-top and for the fact that you can watch whales from the guest house. The hosts are friendly and helpful, way beyond the call of duty – and it is very good value.
There are nine suites, four with a sea view, two facing the mountain and one with a pool view. The pool view suite is wheelchair friendly. The rooms are individually decorated and have the usual luxuries: percale bed linen, satellite television, mini-bar, etc. Most have a private patio or balcony.
Lavender Manor has a spacious lounge, TV room, bar area and a lovely secluded pool. There is also a great upstairs patio where you can drink a sun-downer and enjoy the view of the mountains and the ocean.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours