Only a 15min drive from the international airport, and located in a quiet neighbourhood in Kigali's city centre with wonderful views of the city, the Heaven Restaurant & Boutique Hotel is a homely and friendly hotel owned and managed by Alissa and Josh Ruxin.Heaven's layout is rather unorthodox yet appealing; the accommodation is spread across three buildings; three rooms beside the restau...
Chez Lando is a small, mid-range, (no-frills) family-run, garden hotel, located in the suburb of Remera, just five minutes from Kigali International Airport, between the airport and town.Chez Lando will charm you with its friendly staff and good food. It is popular with locals and tourists alike.AccommodationThere are 22 rooms in the main building, and another 10 in attractive bungalows set in qui...
The Kigali Serena is Rwanda’s first luxury five-star hotel. Built on the site of the former Diplomates Hotel, on the stylish Rue de Revolution in central Kigali, it is ideally located for business and leisure. International travellers will know what to expect, and they will receive it too. The food and service is first class; there are several lounges, a large pool, gardens and the Bana J...
Hotel Des Mille Collines by Kempinski is a four-star hotel in the city centre in a garden setting with stunning views over the capital city. The hotel was made famous by the film Hotel Rwanda, which told the remarkable story of how it became a sanctuary and enabled more than one thousand people to survive the Rwandan genocide in 1994.AccommodationThe 105 comfortable rooms and eight suites are e...
This upscale establishment is located very conveniently for those who wish to see something of colourful Kigali, as it is minutes from the vibrant city centre. The hotel has the country's first Convention centre and provides comfortable accommodation for tourists and businesspeople: there are 209 standard rooms, 68 business rooms, 5 junior and 5 presidential suits and a diplomatic suite. All h...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours