Only a 15min drive from the international airport, and located in a quiet neighbourhood in Kigali's city centre with wonderful views of the city, the Heaven Restaurant & Boutique Hotel is a homely and friendly hotel owned and managed by Alissa and Josh Ruxin.
Heaven's layout is rather unorthodox yet appealing; the accommodation is spread across three buildings; three rooms beside the restaurant, twelve rooms at the main villa, and seven rooms at the newly renovated garden chalet. Sizes vary, but all are clean, have private en-suite bathrooms with a good hot water supply, unlimited purified water and free Wi-Fi. The beds are comfortable with quality linens, vibrant African fabrics and mosquito nets. The rooms beside the restaurant (surprisingly peaceful considering their location) have good-sized bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms.
It's restaurant is a popular meeting place for locals and guests and, comanding expansive views, it is highly rated and regarded as one of Rwanda's best dishing out international cuisine with local Rwandan and African flavours. The Heaven has an onsite organic garden and a tropical garden that feature grand umuvumu trees and shaded seating areas, the perfect place to relax.
More than a boutique hotel and a restaurant, Alissa and Josh have made Heaven a social enterprise where the emphasis is to employ, train and educate the Rwandese to be leaders hospitality and setting a national standard for service excellence and food quality. Rwandan artwork is featured throughout the hotel and the hotel even has its own in-house art gallery (Inema Arts Gallery) where young talented artisans display and sell their work, and where regular cultural weekend events are held to provide entertainment and fun for its guests.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours