The remote idyllic atmosphere of Lake Kariba wonderfully lends itself to the beautiful views of what looks like a spectacular inland sea.
Fed by the twisting Zambezi river, at 140 miles long and up to 20 miles wide Lake Kariba is in fact one of the largest man made lakes.
Watching the sun set and the moon rise over the flat water fringed by mountains and forests, you will feel as if you have stumbled across an undiscovered part of Zimbabwe.
Located on the shore of the lake, the Matusadona National Park is a wildlife magnet with the Big Five, antelope, porcupines and fish eagle journeying to the fresh water source.
To the south of Lake Kariba, further up the Zambezi, sits the Mana Pools National Park another of Zimbabwe’s UNESCO World Hertiage Sites.
The dramatic landscapes of cliffs towering over the river and flood plains holds a huge assortment of wildlife, their congregation around the river considered one of the most outstanding natural spectacles Africa has to offer.
- The abundance of game in Hwange National Park
- Authentic village visits in Hwange Conservancy
- Ox-bow lagoons, islands & channels of Mana Pools
- Trekking to the spectacular Chivilia Falls
Kanga Camp is a seasonal bush camp in a remote part of Mana Pools Park.The focus on walking in this private concession, as well as game drives. The camp has only six walk-in Meru-style tents with en suite bathroom, outdoor bucket showers with flushing toilets and private verandahs.The lounge and dining areas are on a raised deck and a splash pool overlooks the busy Kanga Pan.This environmentally f...
Musango Safari Camp is set on a narrow, mile-long island overlooking Matusadona, just ten minutes by boat from the Bumi Hills airstrip.This unfussy bushcamp is owned and managed by one of Zimbabwe’s finest guides. Steve Edwards is an accomplished photographer, ornithologist and keen palaeontologist.A wide range of activities are available, including game viewing by vehicle, boat and on foot,...
Bumi Hills Safari Lodge is magnificently perched on top of a hill above the southern shore of Lake Kariba.Ten premium suites are cantilevered over the edge of the cliff. This offers superb vistas across the lake and straight down into the bush where a waterhole and a tree-top hide are set on the red sandy lakeshore.The infinity pool spills over into the vast view of this island-dotted, inland sea...
Ruckomechi is set in possibly the most scenic location of Mana Pools.This private concession is dissected by age-old animal paths and river courses dotted with stunning palm trees – truly a Garden of Eden.Each of the 10 spacious, en suite tented units overlooks the Zambezi River and the dramatic Zambian escarpment. The central dining, bar, library, lounge areas, deck and infinity pool are co...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours