In southern Zimbabwe the Matobo National Park is located in the heart of the Matobo Hills. A range of rock formations in the granite plateau, the majestic rugged landscapes create some of Zimbabwe’s most arresting scenery. An area brimming with cultural significance, a visit to the spiritual home of Zimbabwe is a fascinating look at the country’s historical legacy.
The well preserved rock paintings include beautiful renditions of giraffes and white rhinos left by the Bushmen 2,000 years ago.
With no chance of spotting the Big Five on game drives, due to the missing elephants and lions, Matobo National Park never the less holds a wealth of wildlife. It is famous for its high concentration of eagles, with black eagles, African hawk eagles and the rare Cape eagle owls soaring across the skies above you.
Travel over to the east of the country to experience another part of Zimbabwe’s diverse history, the ancient structure of the Great Zimbabwe.
Explore the vast intriguing ruins built between 1100 and 1450 AD and believed to have been the capital of Kingdom of Zimbabwe.
Just three hours away from these ruins is another incredible wildlife haven, the Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve.
With only two lodges in the whole of the 100,000 acre reserve, your game drives will have a wonderful private ambience as you travel across the plains on the lookout for the big game.
- luxury on board the famous Rovos Rail
- Specialized game drives in the Hwange National Park
- Marvel at the massive Victoria Falls
- Game watch on a cruise on the Chobe River in Botswana
- The abundance of game in Hwange National Park
- Authentic village visits in Hwange Conservancy
- Ox-bow lagoons, islands & channels of Mana Pools
- Trekking to the spectacular Chivilia Falls
Camp Amalinda In the heart of the Matobo Hills is a boutique lodge is set in an extraordinary landscape of granite domes and castle kopjes.Tucked into huge boulders, nine individual thatched rooms are decorated with historic artefacts.There is a library, spa, cave wine cellar, swimming pool and bar overlooking a waterhole.Activities range from game viewing by vehicle, on foot and horseback, visits...
Nestled in 53 000 hectares of wild and untamed land on the protected Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve the exclusive Singita Pamushana is sister property to the elite Singita lodges in South Africa and Tanzania and is Zimbabwe’s only member of the prestigious Relais & Chateau.Located on a promontory overlooking the Malilangwe Lake, the lodge design incorporates the environment with the use of sun-...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours