Nestled in 53 000 hectares of wild and untamed land on the protected Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve the exclusive Singita Pamushana is sister property to the elite Singita lodges in South Africa and Tanzania and is Zimbabwe’s only member of the prestigious Relais & Chateau.
Located on a promontory overlooking the Malilangwe Lake, the lodge design incorporates the environment with the use of sun-bleached leadwood trunks, thatch and sandstone boulders.
Enjoy spectacular views and world-class cuisine in the elegant dining room or on your private deck. With just six luxurious suites this is an intimate retreat, a private oasis chicly decorated in bright, cheerful colours and mosaics that reflect the positivitiy and energy of the local people.
Although Malilangwe has no shortage of spectacular wildlife viewings, such as buffalo, spotted hyena, black rhino, elephant and painted dog, it is the variety of species and the extraordinary landscape – there are 38 distinct habitat zones – that bring the experience here to another level. Activities include game drives, exciting spot lit night drives, walking, hide-sits, ancient rock art sites, canoeing and fishing in the well stocked dam.
Pamushana was established with the core purpose of generating income for the Malilangwe Trust which employs over 250 Zimbabweans, funds an anti-poaching team, assists with HIV/Aids awareness campaigns, sustains local clinics and schools and provides a fortified meal to a staggering 20 000 children per school day.
Justify a stay at the elegant five-star Pamushana Lodge knowing that all the lodge’s profits support Malilangwes extensive conservation and community work.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- The abundance of game in Hwange National Park
- Authentic village visits in Hwange Conservancy
- Ox-bow lagoons, islands & channels of Mana Pools
- Trekking to the spectacular Chivilia Falls
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours