Where other parks may be vast or dramatic, Lake Manyara National Park is picturesque.
This is a unique place to visit when you are on holiday in Tanzania.
Between the soda lake, which expands and contracts according to season, and the steep western wall of the Rift Valley, the park protects a narrow 330km2 tract of land.
Its lush ground-water forests, woodlands, open plains and sulphur-rich hot springs are home to nearly 400 bird species, including bee-eaters, kingfishers, pelicans and flamingos.
Large mammals include giraffe, leopard, buffalo, Olive baboons, hippo, elephants, and the famous tree-climbing lions.
The main gate is at the north of the park, less than two hours from Arusha, so the northern sector is busier, especially in the afternoon.
- View Huge Herds Of Elephant In Tarangire National Park
- See Tree Climbing Lions In Lake Manyara National Park
- Two Days On Safari In Central Serengeti
- Witness The Migration Of Millions Of Wildebeest
Less than 30 minutes’ drive from the park gate, Lake Manyara Serena has an elevated position on the escarpment.Its 67 spacious rooms are in thatched circular buildings derived from local architectural traditions. All have full-length windows with uninterrupted views across the floor of the valley.The rooms are set in lovely gardens and the feeling is one of openness and space. The bar and d...
Lake Manyara Tree Lodge is an intimate and exclusive lodge, and the only one inside northern Tanzania’s small but incredibly diverse Lake Manyara National Park. The guided nature walks, escorted by Maasai 'askaris', are a particular highlight of a safari at &Beyond's Tanzanian lodge.Set in the heart of a mahogany forest, Lake Manyara Tree Lodge is located near the remote south-we...
Manyara Ranch Conservancy is located between Tarangire and Lake Manyara National Parks and owned by a conservation trust, which works closely with the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) to protect the game corridor between the Maasai Steppe and the northern game parks.Established ten years ago, but it is only in the last two years that 35,000 acres of the ranch has been opened for limited responsib...
Migunga Tented Camp is the ideal base to explore the Lake Manyara National Park. The camp is set within a private 35 acre acacia forest concession and located only a 5 minute drive from the northwest entrance of the park.The camp consists of 21 permanent tents on raised platforms, dotted discretely around the property and under the shade of acacia trees. Each tent feature a private veranda, en su...
- Visit Tanzania's Four northern Parks
- See elephants in Tarangire
- Flamingoes and tree climbing lions in Lake Manyara
- Resident game and the migration in the Serengeti
On this 7-night fly-in safari, you stay at the finest lodges in spectacular locations. Stunning accommodation, sumptuous food and superb game viewing are the keynotes here and this trip makes a perfect romantic break. Short flights between locations maximise the time available for game viewing. Game drives are in lodge vehicles, so you benefit from the guides' local knowledge. Safari vehicles ...
Your holiday begins as soon as you board your business class flight with Kenya Airways to Nairobi and on to Arusha. This luxurious holiday is the perfect way to mark a special occasion and celebrate in style. Spend seven nights spotting incredible wildlife on a luxury safari in northern Tanzania, including the open plains of the Serengeti, Lake Manyara and spectacular Ngorongoro Crater.Follow this...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours