Migunga Tented Camp is the ideal base to explore the Lake Manyara National Park. The camp is set within a private 35 acre acacia forest concession and located only a 5 minute drive from the northwest entrance of the park.
The camp consists of 21 permanent tents on raised platforms, dotted discretely around the property and under the shade of acacia trees. Each tent feature a private veranda, en suite shower and bathroom, electric lighting and wood framed beds. The main open sided lodge offers a dining area, bar and camp fires in the evening.
Safaris are usually full days with your private guide and vehicle, in a private camp of this nature there is opportunity to get out of the vehicle and enjoy some of their activities.
Activities at Migunga Tented Camp iclude guided mountain biking, guided bird walk or walking safaris, sundowners on Lake Manyara or a village tour with guide through Mto Wa Mbu.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours