Manyara Ranch Conservancy is located between Tarangire and Lake Manyara National Parks and owned by a conservation trust, which works closely with the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) to protect the game corridor between the Maasai Steppe and the northern game parks.
Established ten years ago, but it is only in the last two years that 35,000 acres of the ranch has been opened for limited responsible tourism usage.
This protected area is situated on a traditional animal migratory pathway and has created a new ‘game park’ with an animal density that rivals its neighbouring National Parks but without the tourist volumes.
Game experiences are accompanied by a ranch ‘spotter’ and include AM & PM off-road game drives and walks. There are a number of dams on the ranch which are attract both animals and bird life, especially in the dry season (Jun-Oct) when water supply is limited, assuring guests of spectacular game viewing experiences.
Under shady acacia trees with panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes, the six private East African style walk in tents have spacious bedrooms with comfy beds and en suite facilities with showers and flush loos. The welcoming main area has a dining tent, small library, bar and sitting areas and of course a camp fire to gather around and compare tails of your bush experiences.
Activities which can be enjoyed on this private and exclusive conservation area include horseback riding, game walks, night game drives and visits to the local functioning Maasai village on the periphery of the ranch.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours