The Foz do Iguaçu National Park is home one of South America’s greatest natural wonder; the Iguaçu Falls. Straddling the border of Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay, the falls were declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1986. Made up of 275 separate falls and surrounded by lush vegetation; the rich sub-tropical forest is home to a vast array of wildlife including tropical birds, butterflies, monkeys and coatamundis. A paved pathway of 3km leads its way along the side of the falls and provides panoramic views over the Argentinean side, often framed by rainbows straddling the clouds of spray. Finally the earth appears to open up as an amass of thundering falls crash over a horseshoe-shaped precipice nearly 5km wide and 90 metres high.
The first glimpse of the Iguaçu that most will experience is from the many walkways on both sides of the falls, and we strongly recommend viewing the waterfalls from both countries. You can also take an adrenaline fuelled speedboat journey in the gorge beneath the Falls. For a drier experience, helicopter flights offer fantastic aerial views of the falls and the National Park beyond, which is home to hundreds of species of flora and fauna.
- Exotic Rio de Janeiro
- Experience the mighty Amazon Rainforest
- Magnificent Iguacu Falls
- Colourful Salvador
- Take the cable car to the tip of Sugar Loaf Mountain for the best views over Rio de Janeiro
- Try not to get too drenched as you admire the majestic Iguazu Falls
- Soak up the sun on Brazil's most famous beach - Copacabana
- Travel to Machu Picchu by train
- Vibrant Rio de Janeiro
- Magnificent Iguacu Falls
- Sugar Loaf Mountain & Corcovado
- Belmond Das Cataratas
Just 20 mins drive from the Brazilian side of the falls is The Wish Resort. With extensive grounds including that of a 9-hole golf course, two large swimming pools, a gym, 3 restaurants and a bar. Rooms are elegantly styled with soft furnishings and wooden decor, each room is in low-rise colonial style buildings dotted around the property. Rooms have complimentary Wi-Fi, private balconies and priv...
- Iconic Rio de Janeiro
- Rich Amazon Rainforest
- Pantanal Wetlands
- Diverse Wildlife
Belmond Das Cataratas is the only hotel within the national park and holds an unrivaled position overlooking the falls. Surrounded by sub-tropical jungle, the emerald forest teems with exotic flora and fauna. It offers access to guests once the park has closed so guests have private access early morning and in the evening. The paved pathway that weaves its way along the side of the falls before re...
Recanto Park is a contemporary mid-range option located about 20 minutes from the falls in the town of Foz do Iguaçu. The property offers 195 rooms all with modern amenities. The highlight of Recanto Park is the large outdoor pool surrounded by lush vegetation and other facilities including sauna, football pitches, volleyball courts and a playground for children. There are 2 restaurants where you ...
- Cosmopolitan Buenos Aires
- The Perito Moreno glacier
- Wonderous Iguazu Falls
- Ethereal Patagonia
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours