The Amazon and its tributaries make up the largest water system on the planet, a paradise for birdwatchers and nature lovers. A great way to explore the vibrant Amazon rainforest and the mighty Amazon River is by taking an expedition cruise from Manaus.
A cruise is a great option for those who like adventure with all the comfort of an all inclusive cruise and comfortable air-conditioned cabins. River boats are fantastic viewing platforms that dock at a different spot each day, offering flexible itineraries that allow you to reach the best trails depending on the time of year.
The cruises offer daily excursions on small boats or zodiacs to explore the dense vegetation. You will also come into contact with local river communities and see their traditional way of life.
All boats include guided excursions, for example the "meeting of the waters", where the dark waters of the Rio Negro join the Amazon river, jungle treks, birdwatching and observing alligators and nocturnal animals by flashlight. Full board, excluding drinks, are also included onboard.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours