- Iconic Rio de Janeiro
- Rich Amazon Rainforest
- Pantanal Wetlands
- Diverse Wildlife
- Majestic Iguacu Falls
- Accommodation Throughout
Delve deep into the natural wonders of Brazil on this Best of Brazilian Wildlife holiday.
Brazil is home to spectacular tropical forests, mountains, beaches and of course stunning cities. Whilst in Rio de Janeiro, visit Christ the Redeemer guarding the city upon Corcovado Mountain and ride the cable car to the summit of Sugar Loaf Mountain. Sip a caipirinha on Copacabana Beach while listening to samba and watching the lively cariocas (Rio’s residents) try their hand at capoeira or perhaps just a game of beach football.
It is not however just Rio where you discover how much Brazil has to offer, and on this itinerary you have the chance to explore some of the country's most productive wildlife hotspots. The almost impenetrable canopy of the Amazon rainforest is your first stop outside of Rio, and after a flight of just over 4 hours you arrive in the city of Manaus. The Amazon is home to over 40,000 plant, 427 mammal and 1300 bird species, and you have three nights based in a wildlife focused lodge deep in the forest to experience life within and below the canopy.
From the Amazon you fly back to the south and vistit the vast tropical wetlands of the Pantanal. This region has an estimated 1000 bird species and 300 mammals. Eagle-eyed visitors will spot the iconic Jaribu and hyacinth macaw above, whilst on land caiman and capybaras roam. The Pantanal wetlands are also the best place in Brazil for spotting Jaguars, and this itinerary can be tailored for a focus on encountering one of the world's largest cats.
Following your experience in the wetlands you continue to the Iguacu Falls. Here you are back in the lush tropical rainforest that surround the waterfalls, and this is home to beautiful butterflies, colourful birds, a rich array of vegetation and the occasional mammal such as coatis. The falls themselves tumble over the rocks, creating a deafening cacophony of gushing water - a memorable end to your Brazilian holiday at one of the World's Natural Wonders.
Day 1 Flight to Rio de Janeiro
Day 2 Rio de Janeiro
Day 3 Rio de Janeiro - Manaus
Day 4 Amazon Rainforest
Day 5 Amazon Rainforest
Day 6 Amazon Rainforest
Day 7 Amazon - Cuiaba
Day 8 Pantanal
Day 9 Pantanal
Day 10 Pantanal
Day 11 Pantanal – Iguacu
Day 12 Iguacu Falls
Day 13 Iguacu Falls - UK
- Return International Flights as per the itinerary
- All airport taxes and security charges
- Accommodation and meals as specified
- Transfers as specified
- Activities and excursions as specified
- All entrace fees on sightseeing tours as specified
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional excursions
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours