In the far North East of Brazil, the 383,000 hectare Parque Nacional Lençois Maranhenses is an intriguing and spectacular landscape seen nowhere else on earth. Here the sweeping snow-white sand dunes entwine with pools of bright turquoise water. Lying just outside the Amazon Basin the region is subject to a regular rainy season with rainfall 300 times more than the Sahara Desert in Africa. The lagoons are home to a number of fish despite the fact the pools almost disappear during the dry season. Visits here are highly recommended between May and September when the weather is warm and the lagoons are still full.
- Historic São Luis
- Unique landscape of Lençois Maranhenses National Park
- Cruise the Preguicas River
- Wildlife exploration of Parnaiba Delta
Located north of Fortaleza in Jericoacoara by the beach, MyBlue Hotel offers 80 rooms and suites, with either garden or pool views, TV, desk, free Wi-Fi, mini-bar and hair dryer. There are also 2 large swimming pools set in the beautiful grounds, 2 whirlpools, a spa, sauna, gym, beach bar and an international restaurant serving delicious food. The beach in Jericoacoara has been hailed as one of th...
The Chili Beach is a little paradise on the great beachfront in the beautiful Jericoacoara. Its 6 luxury rooms are stylish and chic with air-conditioning, a flat screen television, DVD player, I-Pod dock, complimentary wireless, safe, hair dryer, mini-bar, Egyptian cotton bed linens, light dimmer and maid service twice daily. The hotel itself has a lovely swimming pool, spa, cool poolside bar and ...
The Porto Preguiças Resort, a short drive (approx. 2km) from Barreirinhas, has 30 stand-alone chalets set on a nicely landscaped piece of land by the river Preguiças. Each chalet is very spacious and equipped with all modern amenities, lending a rustic charm. All have a small terrace with hammock. The resort boasts a large lagoon shaped pool with a sand covered bottom and a hammock...
Blue Tree Towers Sao Luis is located on the lovely coastal strip of Calhau Beach. With a great emphasis on comfort and leisure, this hotel is the ideal starting point for those who wish to unveil Sao Luis, a city listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Centre and contains the largest collection of Portuguese architecture buildings in the whole of the Americas. It is a modern hotel, ideal for those start...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours