Beyt al Chai means House of Tea, and that is exactly what this merchant’s mansion was before it became a small hotel.It is well-located, in a quiet square opposite the Zanzibar Serena.Only a few paces from the sea, the house is cool and breezy and the top floor bedrooms have sea views. The six air-conditioned suites are elegantly furnished with antiques, organza and silks.There is a courtyar...
Dhow Palace, a sister hotel to Tembo House, lies behind a magnificent carved wooden door in the heart of Stone Town.Within, the hotel's reception, lounge and verandahs are decorated with antique ornaments and Zanzibari furniture, creating a relaxed and hospitable atmosphere.AccommodationThe rooms are set on three floors, around a tranquil central atrium with a small fountain. It is best to avo...
The Swahili House is a restored, fine 19th century Indian merchant’s house, which had become a rather run-down hotel in the late 20th century.The new hotel opened in January 2009 and it's right in the centre of old Stone Town, close to the market. Its big plus is the huge rooftop area with a bar, restaurant and plenty of room to lounge.Where else can you enjoy breakfast on a sunny mornin...
Zanzibar Palace Hotel is a sumptuous boutique hotel set in a restored Zanzibari palace in the heart of Stone Town, just a short walk from the sea front. AccommodationRooms are arranged over three floors and individually decorated in Arab-Indian style, with Persian rugs, antique furniture and silks. There are two luxury rooms, five suites and on the top floor, two huge palace suites, one with a roo...
Zanzibar Serena Hotel is a 5-star hotel which occupies two historic sea-front buildings which flank an elegant pool. The poolside is the perfect place to relax and cool down after shopping in the bazaars.Although it has every modern convenience, the buildings have been well restored to maintain their original Zanzibari character. AccommodationThe 52 en suite rooms are air-conditioned, with private...
Just a 10 minute drive from Stone Town, the Mbweni Ruins Hotel is set in lush gardens on a secluded west coast beach of Zanzibar.Steeped in history the ruins are in the spacious botanical garden grounds with over 600 species of exotic trees and plants, many of which are labelled and for those who are interested there is a nature trail mapped out on the grounds.With only 13 air-conditioned Swahili ...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours