Just a 10 minute drive from Stone Town, the Mbweni Ruins Hotel is set in lush gardens on a secluded west coast beach of Zanzibar.
Steeped in history the ruins are in the spacious botanical garden grounds with over 600 species of exotic trees and plants, many of which are labelled and for those who are interested there is a nature trail mapped out on the grounds.
With only 13 air-conditioned Swahili style suites with ceiling fans, oriental rugs, mosquito nets and four-poster beds. All within easy reach of the swimming pool and secluded beach with a balcony overlooking the sea.
In addition to this is the Baobab honeymoon suite and three family suites with additional bedroom.
There is a cliff top restaurant next to the Mangrove bar with beautiful sweeping ocean views across the Indian Ocean to the islands of Chole, Bawe and Chumbe. The long jetty leads out of the mangroves and is the launch point for the daily departure (once a day) to Chumbe Island, in the Marine National Park which makes for a perfect day out.
This hotel is ideally located as a spring board for the various activities Zanzibar has to offer or just a lovely spot to relax, swim or even kayak from. The Bustani Spa (Meaning "Garden") with two rooms set in the Ruins, offering a lovely selection of beauty treatments.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours