Zanzibar Serena Hotel is a 5-star hotel which occupies two historic sea-front buildings which flank an elegant pool. The poolside is the perfect place to relax and cool down after shopping in the bazaars.
Although it has every modern convenience, the buildings have been well restored to maintain their original Zanzibari character.
The 52 en suite rooms are air-conditioned, with private balconies from which to enjoy the views over the Indian Ocean. Those with better sea views are classed as prime rooms. The hotel buildings form a horseshoe around the swimming pool, making the most of the sea-front location.
The main restaurant provides attentive service and very good meals. Seafood is a specialty. The new à la carte rooftop restaurant caters for only eight people and has stunning views as the sun sets over the sea.
The hotel provides complimentary transfers to its private beach club and restaurant at Mangapwani, 20 km north of Stone Town.
This is an ideal choice for people seeking international standards of comfort in old Stone Town.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours