Beyt al Chai means House of Tea, and that is exactly what this merchant’s mansion was before it became a small hotel.
It is well-located, in a quiet square opposite the Zanzibar Serena.
Only a few paces from the sea, the house is cool and breezy and the top floor bedrooms have sea views. The six air-conditioned suites are elegantly furnished with antiques, organza and silks.
There is a courtyard, a spacious lounge with honesty bar, and an excellent restaurant on the ground floor.
This is a homely place with first-class service. Highly recommended.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours