Chem Chem Safari Lodge occupies 4000 hectares of privately managed wildlife wilderness located between the Tarangire National Park and Lake Manyara (in the path of the annual Great Migration). The active camp water hole teems with wildlife. Access is via an easy drive from Arusha and Lake Manyara airstrips. The lodge and the destination are a real Tanzania treasure.Chem Chem Safari Lodge provides ...
Maramboi Tented Camp is on a 25,000 hectare concession area which is a migratory route between Lake Manyara and Tarangire making this camp an ideal location to explore much of what Tanzania has to offer easily. Some of the rooms are connected by wooden walk ways, as is the pool, making it ideal for those less able to work on rough ground. The 38 tents (including 2 family rooms) are built under ...
Swala Camp is located in the remote southern half of Tarangire National Park, situated in amongst tall acacia trees giving you a feeling of privacy, experiencing this wonderful park in peace and quiet. Tarangire National Park is approximately 2, 850 sq km that lies at the centre of a vast ecosystem that comprises of the Tarangire Conservation area and also around 5, 000 sq km of unprotected l...
Maisha Kikoti is situated a short drive and walk away from Tarangire National Park, and allows game viewing that starts in camp.The main area consisting of bar, restaurant and sitting area has great views of the area catching the cooling breeze. The 18 simple but comfortable tents are also on raised platforms and area spacious with a generous decking area overlooking the valley. En-suite faci...
In the southern sector of Tarangire, Oliver’s Camp offers a classic tented experience, with 10 tents in an unspoilt wilderness area.Night game driving and walking safaris are permitted in this remote sector of the park but must be booked in advance, so guests seeking Tarangire’s trademark elephants and baobab trees can set off on walks, open vehicle drives, and on-foot fly-camping expl...
Tarangire Treetops lies outside the park, in a private conservation area.The lodge provides imaginative luxury accommodation in 20 treehouses built around the trunks of large baobab and marula trees.There is a sense of magic as you ascend a small wooden staircase, through the hatch and onto your tented platform. The bespoke canvas tree-pavilions house a surprisingly elaborate bathroom, a pitched r...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours