Chem Chem Safari Lodge occupies 4000 hectares of privately managed wildlife wilderness located between the Tarangire National Park and Lake Manyara (in the path of the annual Great Migration). The active camp water hole teems with wildlife. Access is via an easy drive from Arusha and Lake Manyara airstrips. The lodge and the destination are a real Tanzania treasure.
Chem Chem Safari Lodge provides an exceptionally high quality experience, with accommodation offered in eight villa-style tents. Tents have a bedroom, reading room, bathroom, outdoor shower and wooden deck and are decorated stylishly in a rich variety of natural woods. Facilities at Chem Chem Safari Lodge include a swimming pool and Amani Spa which offers treatments using holistic products of ILA.
Based on the concept of slowing down the pace of the safari experience so that visitors can really take time to enjoy the area and people, Chem Chem offers four wheel-drive safari trips and Maasai walking tours of the area.
Picnics, sunset dinners and barbecues can be organised in romantic locations on the salt flats of Lake Manyara or in the shade of a local baobab tree.
Day excursions to the Manyara, Ngorongoro and Tarangire National Park are also offered.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours