Belmond Khwai River Lodge, is a luxurious lodge overlooking the Khwai River floodplains in the Moremi Game Reserve, often playing host to elephant, buffalo, lions, leopard, cheetah and wild dogs, as well as a plethora of birdlife including wildfowl and raptors.
This is widely regarded as the only place in Botswana to see the Big Five and it is not unusual to see many different types of wildlife from the comfort of your private deck. The main area has panoramic views of the open plains from the restaurant, bar, small library and lounge areas, the lovely large swimming pool and in addition for those who cant get away from it all there is an internet office.
The fourteen luxurious spacious tents under thatch are on raised wooden platforms featuring glass sliding doors to make the most of the views. The private deck has easy chairs and a hammock, perfect way to wile away the quiet hours of the day. The sumptious interior boasts four poster beds with mosquito netting, air conditioning, overhead fans, electric heaters, mini bar and comfortable seating area. The ensuite has a two person shower, double vanity and flush loo.
At Belmond Khwai River Lodge your day starts with hot beverage and freshly baked pastry brought to your tent before the departure of your game drive in open 4x4 vehicle, returning to camp for breakfast and quite time to enjoy your tent or spent time in the swimming pool. Gather again in the late afternoon for high tea and the departure of your late afternoon / early evening game drive returning by sunset.
There are also opportunities for game walks to enjoy the bush up close and hear about some of the medicinal uses of plants and short night drives in their nearby private concession and at the main lodge there is an observational deck with small telescope.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Explore the evocative baobab grove and Bushmen paintings
- Tour the delta's waterways by traditional mokoro canoe
- At Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge listen to the rumble of elephants
- Treat yourself with an optional safari by helicopter
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours