De Zeekoe Guest Farm lies 10 min outside Oudtshoorn, just off the R62 and the wine route in the Klein Karroo.The name is taken from the original Dutch name of the farm ‘Zeekoegat’ and means ‘hippo waterhole’.De Zeekoe is a 2000 hectare, owner managed working ostrich and lucern farm with beautiful views of Swartberg and Outeniqua Mountains, the perfect setting for an early e...
La Plume is about 14 km outside Oudtshoorn, on the R62 side, is a charming turn of the century homestead in the tranquil surroundings of a working ostrich, alfalfa and wine farm.This is one of those excellent-value, hospitable, owner-run guest houses for which South Africa is renowned. It also has a very good restaurant – always book in advance.The owners, Bartel and Karin Du Toit, are the t...
Rosenhof Country Lodge is a restored 1852 Victorian homestead on the outskirts of Oudtshoorn. It is on the road to the Cango Caves and named for its fragrant garden of roses and herbs. The main building is preserves the traditional yellowwood beams and ceilings, and is furnished with antiques. There is a restaurant serving traditional, home-cooked country meals with a cordon bleu touch and an impr...
Found in the city of George, a spectacular drive down from Oudtshoorn, the Fancourt is a wonderful lifestyle estate in the beautiful Garden Route.This hotel is surrounded by the magnificent mountains and indigenous forests with the warm Indian Ocean and pristine beaches just a short car journey away.Spread across 613 hectares of glorious nature, the Fancourt is equipped with everything to ensure a...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours