Found in the city of George, a spectacular drive down from Oudtshoorn, the Fancourt is a wonderful lifestyle estate in the beautiful Garden Route.
This hotel is surrounded by the magnificent mountains and indigenous forests with the warm Indian Ocean and pristine beaches just a short car journey away.
Spread across 613 hectares of glorious nature, the Fancourt is equipped with everything to ensure a stylish, luxurious and relaxing retreat. Enjoy the hotel's tennis courts, fishing dams and indoor and outdoor swimming pools or arrange to go mountain biking, horse riding and hiking through the stunning scenery. Spend a day on an excursion to the picturesque coastal towns of:
- Plettenberg Bay and
- Mossel Bay,
some of our favourite South Africa destinations.
The stylish design of Fancourt is a mix of classic elegance with modern luxury ensuring your stay is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The 115 rooms range from a Classic Room with a king-size bed and a private patio or balcony overlooking gorgeous views, to a Two Bedroom Suite with the separate lounge and dining areas making it the perfect choice for families.
The restaurant options are diverse and exciting, whether you fancy causal dining at the Italian inspired La Cantina, a gourmet sandwich after a round of golf in The Club Lounge or a more elegant dining affair in the first-class Henry White; a splendid way to celebrate a special moment of your trip.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours