The boutique lodges on Mozambique’s extensive Indian Ocean coastline and islands are some of most secluded and eco-conscious in Africa. Lodges are thoughtfully designed, using local materials and traditional skills, and most have closely integrated working relationships with the communities that live near by. Arguably a beach Mozambique honeymoon perfectly illustrates the idea of ‘barefoot luxury’, with a laid-back approach to life, yet with attentive service, delicious fresh cuisine and a whole host of authentic amenities and activities.
The stunning island archipelagoes of Bazaruto and the Quirimbas are two of the main areas that attract honeymooners to Mozambique. However, the remote Lake Niassa Resort in the north of the country, Nkwichi, is increasingly attracting attention as the lodge offers a wonderful get-away for those seeking complete relaxation. In the south of the country, the long sand beaches and azure seas at White Pearl give honeymooners all the attractions of a traditional beach focused Mozambique honeymoon, but with less time spent travelling there. It’s an easy transfer, for example, from South Africa’s Kruger National Park to Maputo and on to White Pearl by helicopter, making this a first-rate safari and beach honeymoon.
The wonderful ocean settings are a key ingredient of many Mozambique honeymoons but the country is also a fast emerging safari destination. Gorongosa National Park has undergone a revival in recent years, driven by the philanthropist Gregg Carr, who has funded the restoration of the reserve which was once one of the great African national parks. It’s now well on the way to having the Big-Five once more.
Whether you are looking for beach or safari, luxury or eco-awareness, speak with our Mozambique honeymoon specialists on 020 7666 1250 or send us an enquiry and we can give you first-hand advice.
- Safari in the famous Kruger National Park
- Relax on the remote beaches of Mozambique
- Remote and unique lodges
- See the pristine waterways of the Okavango Delta
- Watch the wildlife from your mokoro
- Relax on the beautiful beaches of Mozambique
- Spacious exclusive accommodation
- Exceptional wildlife at Phinda Private game Reserve
- Track the endangered Rhino
- Relax on the untouched beaches of Mozambique
- Exhilarating helicopter transfer from the lodge in Mozambique
- Big Five Game viewing in the Sabi Sand
- Down time on pristine untouched beaches
- exclusive luxurious lodges
Go on safari in the sweeping plains of the Masai Mara, staying in romantic, luxury tented accommodation where you dine under the stars. Enjoy a catalogue of thrilling wildlife sightings in one of the world's greatest wildlife hotspots. Then head off to the secluded beaches of northern Mozambique where you can do as little or as much as you please. If the fancy takes you, explore the historic Ilha ...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours