- Safari in the famous Kruger National Park
- Relax on the remote beaches of Mozambique
- Remote and unique lodges
- Accommodation Throughout
A classic combination, this wonderfully exciting holiday throws you into the raw rugged wilderness of the Kruger National Park before a road trip / commercial flight takes you north into Mozambique and to the beachside bliss of Machangulo Beach Lodge. This 11 day itinerary takes you to two lodges with superb locations, both utilising their surroundings to provide you with a wonderful African experience and unforgettable holiday memories.
After landing into Johannesburg you will connect to your flight to the Kruger National Park. On arrival you will be met and transfered to Mjejane River Lodge for your three night stay. With no fences between the Kruger National Park and the Mjejane Game Reserve, the animals of the South African wilderness envelops the lodge.
Perched along the banks of the flowing Crocodile River, Mjejane River Lodge has the perfect location for you to watch the thriving animal population of the area from the comfort of your lodge. All are equipped with private patios overlooking the river, the watery habitat attracting all forms of fauna looking to quench their thirst. The passing parade of animals includes elephant, buffalo, hippo and wild dog along with the big cats of lion, leopard and cheetah. Make the most of your time in one of the greatest wildernesses of the world with twice daily game activities.
Take to the road crossing the border into Mozambique and to the capital, Maputo, where you will be transferred by boat from the marina to Machangulo Beach Lodge. An unspoiled and mysterious place found along the Southern Mozambique coastline, it perfectly captures the dramatic nature of the crashing open Indian Ocean meeting the estuaries of Maputo Bay. Hidden amongst the sand dunes, encircled by pristine golden beaches and untamed natural forests, the surroundings of the Machangulo Beach Lodge provides you with a host of activities. The friendly and welcoming staff are eager to help you organise your time spent in paradise.
Discover the culture of Santa Maria Village, snorkel the exotic underwater world or, if you are lucky, take a seasonal whale and turtle nesting excursion. Or simply grab a beach towel and hammock from the Beach Bar and set up camp on the immaculate coast line watching the crashing waves of the Indian Ocean.
Day 1 London - Johannesburg
Day 2 Johannesburg - Kruger Mpumalanga Airport - Kruger
Day 3 Kruger National Park
Day 4 Kruger National Park
Day 5 Kruger National Park – Maputo – Machangulo
Day 6 Mozambique
Day 10 Machangulo – Maputo – London
Day 11 London
- Return International Flights as per the itinerary
- All airport taxes and security charges
- Accommodation and meals as specified
- Transfers as specified
- Activities and excursions as specified
- All entrace fees on sightseeing tours as specified
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional excursions
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours