The River Shire runs along the Western Border of Liwonde enhancing the game viewing, large number of Elephant, hippo and crocodiles can be seen here along with various antelope. There is a good chance of seeing Leopard and Hyena and Rhino have been re-introduced into the park. The birdlife is varied with Fish Eagle, Weaver birds and Pell's Fishing owl seen regularly.
- Fantastic game viewing in Liwonde National Park
- Relax at the serene Lake Malawi
- Enjoy kayaking and snorkelling on the lake at your own pace
- Seek the 'Big 5' in Majete Wildlife Reserve
- Superb birding
- Lake Malawi for snorkelling, swimming, kayaking and relaxation time
- Impeccable hospitality at comfortable lodges in exceptional locations
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours